Ethernet 10/100 Connection
The Protege GX DIN Integrated System Controller provides onboard Ethernet communication to allow direct connection from a local PC or interconnect to an existing LAN/WAN:
- Directly connect the Protege GX System Management Suite across a LAN or WAN interface for high speed upload and download.
- IP reporting functionality using the Protege IP Reporting Protocol, Contact ID over IP, SIA over IP and full text reporting methods. The Protege IP Reporting Protocol requires the Protege IP Reporting Bridge application operating on the remote machine or device with a suitable communications driver for the automation software being used.
- Full 10/100 compliant network interface allows the connection of the Protege GX DIN Integrated System Controller to all networks at the maximum capable signalling rate.
The Protege GX DIN Integrated System Controller features advanced integration of arming and disarming solutions for control of hundreds of alarm areas:
- Deny access to a user based on the status of the area and the ability for the user to control the area they are entering, in turn reducing false alarms.
- Implement bank vault areas to control and manage the time delayed access and unlocking of vault areas in banking facilities without the need for extra hardware control devices.
- Prevent access to a keypad using a card and PIN function or allow card presentation to automatically login the user at the associated keypad.
- Disarm an area associated with an elevator floor on access when using the destination reporting option or prevent the user from gaining access to the floor based on the area status associated with the floor.
- Arm large numbers of areas using area groups.
Integrated Access Control
The Protege GX DIN Integrated System Controller provides a highly sophisticated access control solution with large user capacity and extensive features:
- Utilize multiple access levels to manage users over scheduled periods and time zones.
- Assign Door groups, Menu groups, Area groups, Floor groups and Elevator groups to an access level for flexible user management. Each user can have multiple groups in multiple access levels.
- System wide global anti-passback, the Protege GX DIN Integrated System Controller can maintain and control users area status throughout the entire system with hard and soft anti-passback configuration options.
- Multiple card presentation options allows the use of access control cards, tags or other credentials to arm and disarm areas associated with doors.
- Count users entering an area and arm the area when the count reaches a terminal number or deny access to users based on a maximum user count.
Automation points can be controlled from the Protege Alphanumeric LCD Keypad for the management of any controllable device such as lighting, air conditioning and signage. Accessed directly from the keypad, the automation points provide a user interface to specified programmable outputs that a user can control. Link automation points to programmable functions to provide sophisticated control logic at the selection of an automation point. Text names can be set for automation points allowing a scrollable list of controllable items in the system such as Office A/C or Outside Lights.
Programmable functions allow for the use of special applications that are configured in the Protege GX DIN Integrated System Controller for Logic, Area, Door and many other controllable devices:
- Process logic functions to allow complex equations to be evaluated using the special internal memory registers and Output status.
- Output of programmable functions can be directed to an action, memory region for storage and later use or a Programmable Output.
- Inclusion of special applications to reduce installation time for the control and automation of garden lighting, external lighting and electronic movement sensors with auto manual operation.
- Control of Doors, Areas, Elevators and Outputs can be easily programmed and managed.
- Starting and stopping of functions allows them to be managed remotely as required including special run once options to allow manual control of a function that is controlled by an operator.
Connectivity and System Expansion
Expansion of the Protege System with the onboard local Inputs (Zones) and Outputs from the Protege GX DIN Integrated System Controller allows convenient cost effective expansion without the increased cost of modules for simple system functions:
- Eight onboard inputs, each of which can be programmed to require EOL (End Of Line), dual EOL or direct contact.
- Bell/siren output onboard with fully monitored operation.
- Two high current Form C relays onboard.
- Two integrated Wiegand/RS-485 reader ports.
- Input expansion is provided on nearly all modules as part of the Protege Systems integrated structure and provides a dual function for many of the zone input configurations. Use the Protege 16 Zone Input Expander to expand the number of inputs on the Protege System.
- Programmable output expansion is provided on the module network by the Protege PX-8 Output Expander and incorporates 8 high current FORM C relays.
- Expand the access control reader connections in the Protege System with the Protege Mini 2 Reader Expander, Protege Intelligent 2 Reader Expander, Protege Standard 2 Reader Expander or the Protege Ethernet 2 Reader Expander. All providing two additional readers (or four Wiegand) and various options with local autonomous operation, power supply and Ethernet options.
- Use the Protege Alphanumeric LCD Keypad to expand the number of LCD keypads within an installation.
Link the Protege System with intelligent locking solutions through Integrated Control Technologies comprehensive world class solution partners Hi-O Technology, Aperio, TZ and Salto.
RS-485 communication interface for module communication, onboard 2400bps modem and a 10/100 Ethernet communications port gives a complete solution:
- Network RS-485 port used for all network communication functions and interconnects to other modules.
- On board 2400bps modem interface to allow all popular alarm reporting formats and a backup reporting path to the Protege GX Management Suite.
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet interface for communication with the Protege GX Management Suite and other applications and functions.
Multifunction Reporting Services
Utilizing the latest functionality in communication services the Protege GX Integrated System Controller incorporates a host of communication options:
- Report alarms using Contact ID, SIA Level 2.
- Communicate with terminal programs using the Telnet Terminal option and Output the data in ASCII, HEX with custom format options and acknowledgement settings to allow connection of third party applications directly to the Protege GX DIN Integrated System Controller.
- Send IP based reporting protocols using the onboard Ethernet communication interface and Protege IP Reporting Armor IP formats.
Firmware upgradable directly from the Protege GX System Management Suite.
Electronic Bell/Siren Output
High current electronic monitored Bell/Siren control Output:
- Indication of Bell/Siren Outputs activation using LED. Bell/Siren failure monitoring or lock disconnected (tamper) displayed as indicator and reported using trouble zone.
- Automatic shutdown on bell over current when activated or shorted. Automatic restore on next deactivation/activation cycle. Shutdown reported using trouble zone.
|DC Output (Auxiliary)
||10.45-13.85VDC 0.7A (typical) electronic shutdown at 1.1A
|Bell DC Output (Continuous)
||10.4-13.4VDC 8 Ohm 30W siren or 1.1A (typical) electronic shutdown at 1.6A
|Bell DC Output (Inrush)
|Total Combined Current*
||Port 80 TCP/IP HTTP (Controller Web Interface) Fixed
Port 9450 TCP/IP & UDP/IP (Controller to Ethernet Module) Configurable
Port 9460 UDP/IP (Controller to Touchscreen) Configurable
Port 9470 TCP/IP (Controller to Controller Communication) Fixed
Port 21000 TCP/IP (Data Download, Server to Controller) Configurable
Port 21001 TCP/IP (Manual Control, Server to Controller) Configurable
Port 22000 TCP/IP (Event Transmission, Controller to Server) Configurable
||3 RS-485 communication interface ports, 1 for module communication and 2 for reader communication
||2400bps modem communication
||2 reader ports** that can be configured for either Wiegand or RS 485 reader operation allowing the connection of up to 4 Wiegand readers or 4 RS-485 capable readers providing entry/exit control for two doors
|Inputs (System Inputs)
||8 high security monitored inputs
||4 50mA (max) open collector outputs for reader LED and beeper or general functions
||2 Form C relays - 7A 250V max resistive/inductive
||0°-50°C (32° - 122°F)
||-10°- 85°C (14° - 185°F)
||0%-93% non condensing, indoor use only (relative humidity)
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
||156 x 90 x 60mm (6.14 x 3.54 x 2.36")
*The Total Combined Current refers to the current that will be drawn from the external power supply to supply the Controller and any devices connected to the Controller's outputs. The Auxiliary outputs and Bell output are directly connected via electronic fuses to the N+ N- input terminals, and the maximum current is governed by the trip level of these fuses.
** Each reader port supports either Wiegand or RS485 operation but not both at the same time. If combining Wiegand and RS-485 technologies, they must be connected on separate ports.